Thursday, April 24, 2014

Andy and Edie

Hello there, people of the internet. 

Today is a special day. Why you ask? Because I'm going to introduce you to a very special person. My friend, Erika, is just indescribable. She's a cultured, introverted, sarcastic, cat loving, graphic design, Andy Warhol enthusiast. And I love it. We're the Olsen twins of the Art Institute, you see. The Kendall and Kylie. The Andy Warhol and Edie Sedgwick. The Caitlyn and Erika. Our styles are similar and yes we are both petite but I assure you, we are talented. We are powerful and passionate about what we do and no one will stop us. Now, back to the Warhol subject. Erika first introduced me to Factory Girl, the movie, last quarter, about two months ago. It's about Andy meeting Edie and how he becomes intoxicated by her presence. He's inspired by her energy and lifestyle. The same goes for Erika and I, she is actually the main inspiration behind my next collection. She's come into my life and almost helped me breath easier. She's introduced me to new movies, foods and music. But the thing is, I actually watch those movies and eat those foods and listen to that band now. We almost sort of take care of each other. I make sure she's awake in the mornings in case she slept in and she makes sure I eat everyday. 

Andy Warhol and Edie Sedgwick.

We compliment each other very well. Whether it's our style or personalities, we click and work together. I almost feel like she's the sister/twin I never had because half the time we're thinking the same things. We even have the same taste in guys, a little too similar sometimes...... I figured I'd introduce her to you all so you know who I'm talking about for future posts and so I can highlight her style. 


Erika and I after we went to an Art Gallery a few weeks ago.

Erika and I after going to the Andy Warhol museum here in Pittsburgh.

We're a pretty sick team, right? These aren't even our best outfits, obviously. Well I've got to go plan a fashion show now so à bientôt!

P.S. She loves cats, cute boys and The Maine. 

xx Caitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment